Monday, November 29, 2010

The only constant....is change.

Hello Friends and Supporters,

It seems silly, but it is true. The only constant in my life at this point, is in fact change. You'd think you'd get used to the roller coaster, but just as quickly as I'm up, I'm back down, and around, and through loop-de-loops!

I suppose the biggest news at this moment is that Dylan is for sale. I think this probably comes as a surprise to many, but it has been "in the works" for awhile due to my financial situation. I haven't spoken much about it, because it is solely a personal burden, and because I had the incredible goal of getting to, and competing at WEG taking precedence!

When I bought Dylan, I had originally hoped he would be the extremely rare horse that could be both a competition partner, and a partner at a therapeutic riding program. It was my way of attempting to give back to the program (Little Bit) that had given me so much. Dylan just did not turn out to be that horse, though! He did turn out to be an incredibly talented, fun teacher, so I dug deep to make ends meet for the past two and a half years.

I am actually very excited to see what adventures Dylan will have in the years ahead with his new person, as strange as that may sound.

As far as my competitive future, it is my sincere goal to continue training and riding in preparation for London in 2012. The greatest challenge ahead will be forging and developing the relationships that will eventually result in the funding and finding a horse to lease. These things just take time. I feel confident in some ways in knowing there are a lot of wonderful horses and amazing horse owners out in the world, and a lot of great para athletes...we all just need to find one another!

I would like to thank my incredible sponsors, Antares, FarmVet, Little Bit, Kerrits, and Olsons, for their continuing support.

I would like to again thank everyone at Trilogy, and all those who came out to my WEG fundraiser - I am still humbled by the generosity of our PacNW dressage community!

A special thanks to Roxanne Christenson for...well, everything. :-)

And lastly, I'd like to acknowledge Jenny Nell, who has given time, money, blood, sweat, tears, AND a truck, to see me transform from a somewhat terrified disabled person sitting on a horse who couldn't get a classification, to an equestrian athlete.

It ain't the end folks...IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment